At North Country we understand that living your life depends on getting out and around in your community. That’s why we operate our Transportation Voucher program, a Volunteer Driver program and we work with individuals, groups and agencies on improving access to transportation for everybody.

Transportation Voucher Program

If you are a person with a disability who has a transportation barrier and you live in our service area we may be able to provide you with vouchers for transportation.

North Country’s Transportation Voucher program is funded in part by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) as authorized under 49 U.S.C. § 5310  (CFDA 20.521).

Volunteer Drivers
North Country is always looking for people to drive for others who need rides. We pay mileage reimbursement at the current federal rate: $0.575/mile. To find out more please call Sunshine at: 715-817-4646. Or email

North Country Independent Living operates its programs and services; including its Transportation Voucher and Volunteer Driver programs without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act.  Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice underTitle VI may file a complaint with the North Country Independent Living.  For more information on our civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact 800‐924-1220 (Voice & TTY) email

Medicaid Transportation to medical appointments
If you are on Medicaid or Badger Care Plus you are assured of transportation to medical appointments and other covered services. This program is operated by MTM under contract with Wisconsin’s Department of Health Services. You may schedule a trip through MTM by calling their reservation line or visit their web site at: If you run into difficulties with any aspect of MTM’s service, call MTM’s “We care” number.

Reservations 866-907-1493 Reservation TTY 800-855-3880 (English)
Where’s my ride 866-907-1494 Reservation TTY 800-855-3880 (Spanish)
“We Care” number 866-436-0547

Public Transportation Services:

Superior: Duluth Transit Authority
Provides scheduled public transit service throughout the city of Superior. If you are not able to board or ride the scheduled service you may be eligible for STRIDE Para Transit service.  For more information visit DTA’s web site: or call 218-722-7283

Burnett County; ADRC of Northwest Wisconsin                                                                    

Local trips in and around Siren, Webster, Grantsburg, Danbury, A&H-Webb Lake once a month.  Call at least two days before your trip.  Also longer trips on request.  Reserve or more information call: 877-485-2372.  Or visit their web site:

Bay Area Rural Transit:

Ashland, Chequamegon Bay, Bayfield, Bad River, Red Cliff, NOW PARK FALLS:
Provides scheduled public transit service throughout Chequamegon Bay, southern Ashland County, Park Falls in Price County.
For more information contact BART at:
Phone: 715-682-9664, Email: or visit their web site:

Namekagon Transit;
Provides scheduled service in Sawyer county including Hayward, LCO, also portions of Bayfield, Washburn and Barron Counties, including Spooner/Shell Lake, Rice Lake, Barnes, Cable and other points in between. For complete information call: 866-295-9599

Area Transportation Providers; Click here to download our information sheet, listing contact information for transportation providers in our eight-county area.